African Communication Research has issued a call for contributions to a special issue on ‘Edutainment’.
Deadline for 200-300 word abstracts is October 2012 – if selected with full manuscripts by 1 February 2013. The special issue will be published in September 2013.
Some suggested topics:
- Entertainment education practices in development communication
- Evaluations of projects using soap opera, pop music and other genres
- Edutainment produced by participating audiences
- Edutainment and community-based organizations
- Edutainment practices and its influences on theory
- Edutainment and its use of ICT, social media and the internet
- New advances in theorising Entertainment Education
- Critical perspectives to Edutainment in Africa
Abstracts and manuscripts should be sent to the guest editor: Eliza Govender, Centre for Communication, Media and Society, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, at: firstname.lastname@example.org