Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC) will hold its 22nd Annual International Conference in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 4-7 July 2013. Abstracts are due 15 April 2013, full papers by 1 June.
The conference theme is ‘Transformational Communication and the New Asia’. The theme seeks to highlight the role of communication and the media in bringing about a ‘New Asia’, an Asia that is slowly transforming into a ‘soft power’ as Europe and North America seem to continue their decline. A large number of conference streams are available, e.g.:
- new media, old media ethics
- new media literacies
- ethnicity, race and religion in communication
- communication and youth
- new paradigms in development communication
- cross-cultural networking
- health, policy and communication
- gender and communication
- freedom of expression in transition societies
- socio-political development and the media
- media empowerment
- communication and social change
See conference site for full details.